Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still here

Okay so I kind of fell out of the blog world for awhile. I would stop in every now and then and read others' but simply never took the time to do anything with mine. So much has happened since last August when I did my last blog. Christmas and McKayla's birthday to name a couple. My whole family was able to make it back for Christmas in Iowa this year. The house was very full and noisy at certain times but it was so good to all be together again.

We were able to have McKayla's birthday with almost everyone there. The happy occasion was held at Happy Joe's. If you've never had their BLT Pizza's you must try them next time you are in Ottumwa!! I had a lot of fun decorating her cake. Luke, my brother-in-law, drew the bear free-handed for me and I filled in the rest.
I forgot to bring candles with us to the restaurant so Jason ran next door to the drug store and these candles were all they had. She seems rather impressed don't ya think?






We took a slight break from traveling in January and then this month we took a trip to Gatlinburg TN for Winterfest with the youth. It was a very fast weekend but we had a great time there. Two of my sisters were able to come so I enjoyed more time spent with them. The girls had a lot of fun playing in the snow up in the Smoky Mountains.


Kelsey's coat was malfunctioning :)
We took a 1.3 mile hike to see this waterfall. We encountered some scary signs along the way.
Well that about catches you up to date. I'll try not to take so long between blogs next time :)
I'll leave you with one more picture. Love the look on Kayla's face :D
Well I can't resist adding this next one too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It was fun seeing the pictures. I really think it is about time that you blogged again!